Quote Originally Posted by big honkin jeep View Post
You can buy a new stock or possibly tweak the one you have if it's a factory synthetic. I was able to tweak a factory synthetic long action stock to fit a barrel from a model 10 BA by using boiling water. I took a propane turkey fryer pot and filled it with water. I then brought the water to a boil and put the fore end of a standard pillar bedded stock into the water for about 5 minutes until it became a little bit pliable. I then used a large1" broom handle and forced it down the length of the stock from the tang to the end of the fore end channel. I wrapped it up to hold the barrel in place until the stock cooled. After cooling the stock fit the new barrel fine. It was straight and free floated. I havent had any problems with it at all.
Just thought I'd throw it out there as a low cost possible option for ya.
Good Luck BHJ

PS. It's been a while since I did it and I seem to remember I did remove a small amount of material from the fore end tip with a Dremel. other than that it was a piece of cake.
This sounds like a good lead in for a Jeff Foxworthy "You MIGHT be a Redneck if you have EVER used a TURKEY frier to............"

Sorry, just HAD to.