Thread: New to me 110

MikeA67

New to me 110

I just picked this up at an auction, my first Savage rifle, I've included the auction description.
    It looks like a nice rifle with old optics, would love to get the opinion of the members.

thanks

Description: serial #E325758, 270 Win, 22" barrel with an excellent bore. The metal surfaces retain about 99% original blue that has a few light handling marks and light flaking around the triuggerguard. The rifle is equipped with a deluxe style checkered walnut buttstock that features an ebony capped forend tip, steel capped pistolgrip and has a shadow line cheek rest. The butt is fitted with a Winchester solid rubber recoil pad and sling swivel studs are included. Mounted to the receiver is a Balvar 8 2.5-8X riflescope that has a tapered crosshair reticle and excellent optics.

If you can get it for the right price it looks real decent to me.
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!

rattfink
    The proof is in the pudding. Let us know how it shoots :)

Basic Member
    Congratulations!

I caught the fever last week. Price of new is so low guys gotta really watch what he gives on used. The one I bought (private party sale) we spent a week dickering over n I still paid plenty. In fact there is another very clean range used only later model 110 in the same caliber and configuration listed locally with an asking price similar (actually $100 less) to the 40 yr old one I bought. Kind of made me second guess my purchase for a moment as it is cosmetically nearly perfect as the one you bought.

I do think the older model has a slightly more pleasing appearance and degree of craftsmanship missing in the later model. Definitely not shot out like I suspect the range used one could be. So I'm happy enough too! Could hardly believe how light it is being a magnum to boot close to 7lbs with iron sights, scope n sling. Just ounces more then my Axis. Definitely lighter then my son's Rem 700 BDL in the same caliber. Will be a pleasure to carry this season.

MikeA67
    I won the auction at $425 so I think its fair in todays gun market.
    I have seen them for less but haven't found this exact gun to compare.
    Can't wait to shoot it...

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.