TL;DR: I put a new stock on my Mark II and tested it at a local gun club match.

So I bought a new stock for my Savage Mark II: A Boyd's Evolution. I know it's not a "benchrest" stock, but my rifle isn't strictly used for bench (at the moment, at least).

I love the way this stock feels. The pistol grip is at just the right angle for me. I don't like how low the cheek rest is though, so I taped a mousepad wrist rest on it to raise it up a bit. Works like a charm. Length of pull is good for me. The fore end is a bit too short to use on a bench, so I run a bipod on it and use a rear bag for support.

The rifle itself isn't bedded in the new stock. I literally received the stock on Thursday, put the rifle in it Friday, and shot the match Saturday. All in all though, I'm pretty pleased. It *definitely* showed potential, but it also took the whole match to settle in. We were also shooting in the rain/wind, which didn't help.

All in all, a good day at the range though. :D

The rifle:

I didn't do so hot at the match. I attribute that to several things, most of all the operator. But a brand new, unbedded stock probably didn't help too much either.

After the match, I shot some groups on a spare target that was still at the 50y line. These are the best two, and ironically, the last two I fired. This makes me think it needed to "settle in" to its new stock:

The whole target, which I was sharing with another shooter: