Quote Originally Posted by Nor Cal Mikie View Post
Consider the Forster Precision Bushing Bump Die. Sizes the neck pushes the shoulder back and doesn't mess with the body. Throw in a "body size" die after 3 or 4 firings or when the case starts getting snug on closing the bolt. You end up not oversizing the brass anymore than needed. Less trimming because the brass doesn't grow like full length resizing all the time. Longer brass life that way.
I've got BR brass that's been resized with the bump dies and hasn't needed trimming in over 25+ firings and still going strong.
As far as runout? Never checked. The bullets are all going in the same hole so why bother.
I've been using the collet dies, for the last 3 years, with good success. I measure everything and they do produce very low runout. However, I read alot of German Salazar's stuff and he offers compelling reasons to FL size everytime - with the die properly adjusted to only bump the shoulder .001-.002.
The Redding Type S FL bushing die would allow me to continue using the collet dies - resizing the neck with the collet die, then resizing the body & shoulder with the Redding die (and no bushing). Still a two step operation, though one has maximum flexability with this option.