Thread: LH model 110 EL series K 7mm Rem Mag

Basic Member

LH model 110 EL series K 7mm Rem Mag

I just got this LH Model 110 EL series K 7mm Rem Mag yesterday. From what I can tell its very likely as old as I am. The guy I got it from guessed 1970's and I wouldn't doubt it the serial# looks very low. Has to be 1966 or newer as it has the modern bolt face with the plunger ejector. Though it looks just like a "59" at a glance. Was something handed down from his grandfather and been unused for 15 years he estimated. Though he had put a box of shells through it just to try it out.

Not sure what I'm going to do with it probably just enjoy cleaning it up and see if its still a shooter. It is missing the buttplate but otherwise is in well loved condition. Hunted with but not brush beat by any means and most of the blueing is still there. Usual thin around the muzzle n front sight. I think its too nice to modify much other then possibly the trigger could be lightened up for my taste.

I'm not a southpaw but doesn't really make a difference to me. My Best Bud has shot a right hand Remy left handed since he was 14 doesn't seem to be an issue.

When I get a chance to clean it up a little I'll try n get some photos n maybe some targets. Probably take a couple weeks. I like its rugged classic look so much I'll just have to share some pix. Though I wouldn't call it a collector just a great example of what a hunting rifle is should be. Lets just hope its a shooter because there is no way I want to try n get that smooth barrel nut off!

Compared it to a Model 10 223 from 91 or so and it was actually notably lighter. Strange huh?

Basic Member
    From what I've found the dom would be around 1969 which fits well with the scope on it is a Weaver 400 and from what I see those were made from 1970-73. This was Weavers first alloy scope and cost 33% more then their steel models of the time. Guess the thing to do would be put some money into a BlueBook subscription before I buy any more used rifles. I'm into this one for cash/trade $417. Which I'd say was a decent deal but not a great deal.

Basic Member

1974 Savage Ad with Prices and Differences

Makes my EL in 1974 $144.95 Beginning to see the differences in models. E used a "Walnut finished hardwood" instead of Walnut. Internal magazine.

These features intended to make it inexpensive also made it a great lightweight rifle.

ww1rdb
    in 71 a 110 CL was only $155 new...bet $155 I ever spent..and it wasnt cheap..the clip feds if I remember were top of line..it had a walnut stock with a metal butt plate..still have the original stock...
    Last edited by ww1rdb; 05-23-2013 at 12:10 AM. Reason: add more