View Poll Results: Would a FAQ for the Axis/Edge be beneficial to you?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 94.74%
  • No

1 5.26%

Thread: Need for an Axis/Edge FAQ? What do you think?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    cheapshot

Need for an Axis/Edge FAQ? What do you think?

First off, Mods, if I am stepping out of line here, please delete and accept my sincerest apologies. I Definitely see the benefit to having such a thread to consolidate the communities knowledge.

Having just bought my first axis/edge, I am planning on changing it up as much as any 10/110 I own. In my research for what could be done to this platform, I found myself getting a lot of conflicting information and trouble running down what was available.
    I know that I asked questions that had already been answered before, some that needed to be asked again in case new developments had been made, i.e. stock options.
    What do you fellow owners think about a live, ongoing doc that could be added to as we went along to help each other out in both knowledge of the firearms and places to source parts, especially new parts as they come on the market?
    Mods, maybe this could be cleaned up and "stickied"
    Here are some questions that I know I had and one source would have saved me and many of you that answered my questions some trouble.
    Please let me know your thoughts.

Can the barrels be swapped on the Axis/Edge series like the 10/110 rifles? Yes. The A/E series uses the same small shank barrels as the majority of 10/110 rifles and can be swapped using the same basic steps with the exception of the recoil lug as it is built into the stock on the A/E series.

Can the bolt faces be swapped to accommodate a different caliber? Yes. The A/E uses the model 10 short action bolt face.

Are there any aftermarket stock options available? At this time there is not. Please go to Boyds website and fill out the request form as many owners here have done. Maybe we can get them to offer a couple options to us. Here is the link http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/conten...equestform.htm
    Also, there is a rumor from someone very close to us that someone will be offering one in the near future.

What can I do to stiffen my factory stock? Link here to write up on how to.

Are there any aftermarket triggers available? Yes. Rifle Basix, Timney, etc. Also see this http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...age-Axis-rifle

Again, I am new to these models but I am sure as many of these are hitting the secondary market, demand for upgrades will be there. I am also sure that I have missed many questions that we all have had. Please feel free to PM me the questions and answers and I will edit the above to reflect those. If you see a mistake in something I have said, please yell at me for being an idiot while providing the correct answer.
    I didn't buy this model to be a budget hunter, I bought it because it was so cheap and I am so fond of Savages products, that I couldn't pass it up. Let me know your thoughts and lets see where this goes.
    Last edited by cheapshot; 03-22-2013 at 09:48 AM.