Got my Savage 12 VLP DBM in .204 back from CDI Precision they did an excellent job by the way. I'm getting ready to order my scope, rings and base. I've been doing some reading, and I'm thinking I might need a 20 minute scope rail or base given bullet drop at 500 yards. My concern however is that the rail might interfere with ejection given how the opening is on the 12 VLP DBM. Anyone have thoughts or suggestions on this possible issue?

I do have my scope picked at this point. And rings from the manufacturer, per the pictures will require a rail.
At the moment I'm planning to go with a Vortex Optics Viper HIS LR 6-24x50 with the XLR reticule. Was planning on picking up "precision matched rings" from Vortex. They look pretty sturdy... I've seen other rings that looked even beefier, but for the life of me I can't remember where or who makes'm. Suggestions again would be appreciated. I'd appreciate some rail recommendations. I was thinking something from Weaver or just browsing Brownells or Midway till I saw one I liked with good reviews. Suggestions/comments appreciated. I'll do a full write up on the rifle once its back together and I get some rounds down the tube.