Thread: Where to get?

Where to get?

Where do you all get your parts. I need a couple of extractors and other do hickies?

Get them from savage directly, they are they only ones that seem to have anything in stock lately.

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

bodywerks
    Gotta be a gunsmith to get them though.

JCalhoun
    Sharp Shooter Supply and Midway.

gpb11
    I bought some spare extractors, extractor balls, and springs directly from Savage on Feb. 27, 2013. I am not a gunsmith. Some parts are restricted by Savage to gunsmiths and others are not. Extractors as of 2/27/13 were not restricted. However, I don't know where "other do hickies" fall.

Basic Member
    I typically get mine from Midway. I don't know about current availability though. When you do find them, it's always a good idea to keep a couple extractors and springs around. And, if you develop butter-fingers from time to time, as many detent balls as you care to buy is a wise investment. When parts go flying, it seems you can always find everything except those darn extractor detent balls
    [b]A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire (1694-1778)[/b]

Basic Member
    Yes; you can enter an on-line order in the Savage website and avoid the long wait to talk to someone on the phone. I ordered extractor and spring this way a couple of weeks ago and received it promptly. You will probably need the serial number to get started.