Quote Originally Posted by brasse View Post
Their standard pad us useless, just requires more work to take off. So any Pachmayr will be better.. But I agree they should specify which model pad.

I talked with the lady 2 weeks ago, she said at that time it was not the decelerator, so they are getting the correct idea that we are not stupid.

If they give a fitted and attached DP200 for $30, give us the D750B for $50. It is worth it to have an better option. Not everybody needs the extra recoil reduction and more expensive version. That is what choice is about. But ordering what you want is worth it.
^^ X2.

Boyds represents a good value for those in the market for their particular type of product. They have dramatically increased their selection- these days, it's just a matter of having the correct code for the high-dollar CNC's.

I hope they are successful, but it's always difficult in any business to try to incorporate "semi-custom" when you've traditionally been straight-up production. Perhaps that's why they are offering only one pad option.

When it comes to recoil pads, I would assume they need to have some uniformity across the board when it comes to the butt of their stocks. Properly fitting a recoil pad (I use a Miles Gilbert jig) takes time on custom stocks. And yep...I sell the RP200 for $28, and the 1" Decelerator for $43... and trust me, there's no "money" in it at those prices. It's an accommodation to the buyer. If you take your stock to a smith, and ask him to install a grind-to-fit pad, the price would be double.