Greetings everyone. Today was a good day; I ran out on my lunch break and grabbed up a donor rifle for the build. It was a kinda funny situation, while waiting on the guy I kept looking at my watch and he asked if I was in a hurry, I told him yes, that I had to be in Federal Court in less than a hour....

....he was extremely nervous that I was buying a rifle right before heading into Federal Court, but when I explained to him that I am a Deputy Sheriff on my lunch break and working with U.S. Marshalls all this week it made sense to him and calmed him a bit. In retrospect it was probably not the best thing to say at the gun counter Sometimes I forget that my life isn't exactly "normal"

Anyway, I picked up a used, but in excellent condition model 110 30-06 accu-trigger for $221.75 out the door. It was marked at $329, but when he rang it up the price came out to $221.75 and while I was the nice guy and pointed out that it was a hundred dollars under-priced he just shrugged his shoulders and said, oh well. :)

I also ordered a McGowen 26" varmit profile stainless barrel tonight along with a barrell nut wrench and a go-guage in 6.5x55. I'll be ordering more parts along the way and I'll be sure to include plenty of pics of the build and finished product along with a range report when I am finished. This rifle is just a toy to play around with at medium ranges, mostly 600-800 yards with an occasional shot at further distances, along with some gong shooting at closer ranges of only a few hundred yards.

That's about all for now, here's a pic of the $221.75 rifle I picked up today

It's nothing special, just a plain old 110 in 30-06 with a cheap bi-pod, but it should be a good starting point for my build.

More details to follow when parts start rolling in.