Thread: Anyone tried 125 bullets in the 308?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Like I said that's the max they came up with with the chamber they were using, so who knows how lose it was or how many rounds it had through it or what the headspace was, my chambers are machined the tightest you can get and still stay within SAMMI specs, that and the head space is also as tight as I can and still cycle the round, let me make this perfectly clear running a Hot Load with a 168gr and running a Hot Load with 110gr are two different things, you are moving 50% less mass so the pressure spike dissipates a lot quicker, and is easier on the chamber, it's like dropping the clutch on a 5000 lbs car and dropping the clutch 3000 lbs car, the latter will be able to withstand a lot more abuse and still hold together, as far as my loading style I have found the faster I launch a lighter bullet the straighter it will go, at least it has always worked that way for me.

Tanks Dean
    Last edited by scope eye; 02-02-2013 at 06:55 PM. Reason: spellink
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.