Ok -- new brass from any manufacturer, loaded or not and my bolt closes just fine -- snug and smooth. Fire it once, resize it, trim it, and load it and it is significantly tighter, almost to the point of much too tight. I use a FL sizing die -- if this helps it seems like Lapua 1x fired is a little easier to close on than FC 1x fired, both shot out of my gun and using the same set of dies (Hornady Dimension). Please let me know what's going on so I can think about fixing the issue. Feel free to ask questions to get the info you need. My initial idea is this: when I pull the sizing ball back out of the die it is pulling out the shoulders a little bit therefore the angle is off making my shoulder too long -- the FC brass is softer and thinner therefore bends out a little more?? This is a standard 308 Shilen barrel and I am obviously a bit new to reloading. I measured cases before and after sizing and they were a bit longer after sizing, on average 3-6/1000ths -- I assume this is fairly normal though.