Thread: IFF- Identify feature or failure- Please help!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    JCalhoun
    Have you tried to cycle and fire the rifle since then?

Quote Originally Posted by JCalhoun View Post
    Have you tried to cycle and fire the rifle since then?
    Multiple times. And every time I try to cock the previously uncocked firing pin by lifting the bold handle with the safety in (2), it will not stay cocked, when the bolt handle is pushed down.

When I lift the bolt in position (3), the firing pin will cock. When I in this status move the safety to position (2), lift and push down the bolt handle, the firing pin will stay cocked at the end of the manipulation. Only if in safety position (2) and uncocked, the bolt handle up- and downward movement will not cock the firing pin.

By the way: To take one variable out of the equation, I took out the bolt lift kit. No change.

Other findings

As above mentioned, the previously uncocked firing pin can not be cocked with safety the safety in position (2) during lifting and pushing down bolt handle.

But, lifting the handle with safety in position (2), switching safety to (3) and backwards to (2) again, then pushing handle down, will do the trick and the firing pin will cock.

I unstocked the barrel-trigger-assembly: It looks like the safety is hindering the SSS trigger from moving freely to engage. When I switch the safety from (2) to (3) with lifted bolt handle the silver part (that one that is, when pulling the trigger, is given free by the front part of the trigger (sear???)) rotates forward.

(By the way: I do have to apologize for my stumbling around when describing what I see. I am out of my depth, even in German it would be hard for me to explain all this, missing the correct technical vocabulary.)

What can I do to solve the problem? (I am quite sure, that my gunsmith will be of no help: Due to the only small number savage rifles over here in Germany, they are not his daily bread, especially with an after market trigger from SSS.)

it sounds to me like when you open the bolt the trigger stays as it is in picture 3, which will not allow the action to re-cock upon closing the bolt. Be careful cause if you slam the bolt closed with a round in the chamber while it is doing this it could cause it to fire the live round....... Re adjust the trigger.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood