Thread: Weaver Rings

Luckus

Weaver Rings

I have various mounts and rings on my rifles, but have leaned toward Weaver rings. I have them on my 12 FTR. Are there rings that are for lack of a better term, more accurate. I have never had one problem with them and am competitive with them. Whats the real deal on rings? Luckus

jibben
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckus View Post
    Are there rings that are for lack of a better term, more accurate. Luckus
    Nope, Just looks and how well they grip the rail & scope with out causing damage to the scope.

david8989
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckus View Post
    Are there rings that are for lack of a better term, more accurate. I have never had one problem with them and am competitive with them. Whats the real deal on rings? Luckus
    I believe there is potential that rings could effect your shots. With rings just like everything else, you get what you pay for. The only set of weaver rings I have tried are the 30mm weaver tactical and they didn't fit my scope very well at all. If I had used those rings and they pinched the scope tube in some way. Which can happen from overtorquing loose fitting rings which these were. I'm not saying there aren't good bargin rings out there but I haven't found any that meet my expectations under $60 and those are the burris rings. YMMV but i'd spend a little more if it were me.