Quote Originally Posted by Speedrat1 View Post
or take the receiver to a smith that can mill or bore the holes in the correct place
Thats my plans. I just wanted to see if this was something that has happened on other rifles, or if I got the only bad one.

I am aware that a offset scope can work, its just not the most ideal setup. Since the bore centerline and the scope centerline are not paralell, once you get it sighted in at a specifc range, the POI is basicly a intersection of the rifle and scope. When you change distance, the point of intersection changes and you will no longer be hitting where the crosshairs are pointed. You will need to adjust (both windage and elevation) of the scope for the new range. Where if the scope is perfectly centered (and no wind) you should only have to adjust elevation when changing distances.
It was a couple years ago this happened, so my memory faded a bit, but I originally typed it wrong and it took me a bit to jog my memory. It was my windage that changed when I went from 100 to 200 yards. I adjusted my windage to get it back on center and thats when the elevation changed. I was using 3 shot groups.