Thread: Lets talk case lubes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I really like the Unique case lube from Hornady. It comes in a good size tub for only three or four dollars and works really well. All I usually do to wipe off the case after I size is just roll it on a clean towell. Stuff comes off really easy and works great.

http://www.sinclairintl.com/reloadin...prod44708.aspx

Basic Member
    removed
    Last edited by bigedp51; 01-13-2013 at 01:28 PM.

acemisser
    Quote Originally Posted by bigedp51 View Post
    If your a dairy farmer and live a long way from the nearest source of reloading supplies, then look no further than the milking barn. Not only is it a great resizing lubricant but it will keep your hands utterly soft.

Yes I know I'm milking this thread...................
    your right and another that works well and smells nice is Porters Salve.....works super well..

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by acemisser View Post
    your right and another that works well and smells nice is Porters Salve.....works super well..
    I posted my info as a joke acemisser, Bag Balm contains Vaseline and is petroleum base. I deleted my posting because you prove some people are gullible or you have a even drier sense of humor than I have. How about deleting your post like I did, we are both on a slippery slope of bad humor here. thomae is being polite above, but if he gets angry he might shoot us both with a dull bullet, have us both drawn and quartered and then smear us with a petroleum base product and light us on fire.

P.S. Be quick, thomae only lives a short distance from me, hurry up and delete your posting.
    Last edited by bigedp51; 01-13-2013 at 01:50 PM.

thomae
    Bigedp51: I will admit that I did not know if you were being serious. Stranger things have been known work well for some people.
    I replied not in anger, but to clarify something that I believe to be true, but was hoping to get confirmation (or denial) from someone with firsthand knowledge.

I'll let you in on a secret. I'm really a nice guy. (But don't tell anyone; you will ruin my reputation!)

Anyway, I am happy to hear that your hands are udderly soft and not chapped. Keep up the good work!
    Now, lets Mooooove along back to topic.

Team Savage
    Any lube that keeps the case from sticking in the dies is OK if that's what you choose. Thinners or any cleaner that will remove the excess is in order. And make sure you get it out of the "inside" of the case. Whatever works best "for you" is good.

acemisser
    Quote Originally Posted by bigedp51 View Post
    I posted my info as a joke acemisser, Bag Balm contains Vaseline and is petroleum base. I deleted my posting because you prove some people are gullible or you have a even drier sense of humor than I have. How about deleting your post like I did, we are both on a slippery slope of bad humor here. thomae is being polite above, but if he gets angry he might shoot us both with a dull bullet, have us both drawn and quartered and then smear us with a petroleum base product and light us on fire.

P.S. Be quick, thomae only lives a short distance from me, hurry up and delete your posting.
    I know that.But this stuff does work..Your not suppose to get it inside the case..Like I said,all you need is a little dab of it on your fingures like the imperial sizing wax...In fact one should not lube above the shoulder as you can dent the cases this way. If you think it should be deleted then do so..I will not be upset over it...John PS I knew one guy that really truely used a dab of STP for case lube..The bigest thing with any of the lube is that every once in awhile the die should be cleaned out good...Spray carb. cleaner works good for this...