Quote Originally Posted by Szumi View Post
I was looking again at a 10 FCP in .308. Not the prettiest rifle but I want one that I can use to pursue long range marksmanship.

One thing that seemed strange to me is it looks like there is a spring washer between the bolt head and bolt body. I've never seen that before. Is that some sort of a manufacturing cost savings? How does it hold up?

I'm not totally clear on the 110 / 10 thing. Is the 110 a long action?

Bipod. Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Szumi
You want pretty or you want accurate? To me, accurate = pretty. But that's just my opinion. (And I tend to like my rifles "pretty accurate." )

As to the spring washer, it's part of the "floating bolthead" system. The first time you take apart your bolt, however, do yourself a favor and move the washer from the rear of the front baffle to the front of the front baffle (in between the front baffle and the bolt head). This will keep any grease on the rear of the bolthead lug surfaces from being cleaned off by the front baffle wings each time you cycle the bolt. It will not adversely affect the functioning of the firing system in any way that I know.

Savage has been using the spring washer for years. It's different than what other manufacturers do, but I have never heard of one breaking.