Hello everyone,
I just recieved a PT&G ppc bolt head for my savage project (6.5 Grendel on a SA). The rifle started out as a 243 centerfeed accutrigger. I installed the bolt head which is a fine looking machined piece I might ad. But here is my issue. The bolt closes hard.. I mean it will close but it seems as if the head does not want to start on the locking lugs. If you work the bolt hard and fast it does not seem as bad. But if you try to close it slow it moves to the end of travel and I start to finish closing the bolt handle down it does it very stiff and hard. Until the bolt handle moves around 1/4 inch or so down then it moves fine. The old bolt head works fine. What could my issue be? Think the new bolt head is too thick and does not have enough play to slide forward and start on the locking lug recess? Or the new head has sharp corners that bite on the recess? It just feels like when you have a piece of brass that is to long and try to chamber it. But I know its not the case because it has no barrel at the moment. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks, Matt