Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reloading 308 tooling needed

Quote Originally Posted by missed View Post
    As far as I know they use the standard thread now. I ended up getting the lee press, but brownells is so buried up right now my order still has not processed.
    That's why my go-to on-line store is Midway--they almost always ship within 24 hours upon order. I also like the fact they don't jerk you around on stock status--they show at time of order whether or not it's in stock. I recently made an order through a very large and popular on-line firearms manufacturer and equipment distributor who shall remain nameless but they charged my card at time of order, indicated order was processing and accepted expedited shipping charges. Weeks went by and I was informed status is not revealed until order actually ships. Essentially, the item was not in stock at the time of order but was processed anyway and my card charged--so I watch out for that now.

I'm a beginner and just started using the Lee press and it works great--but I've also ended up spending a lot of coin on after-market stuff to supplement the kit. I suppose that some of the more "big name" kits probably are competitive in price point to the Lee once you figure in the quality of the stuff that comes with them. My opinion is neither here nor there since I'm a novice reloader--but so far I've been most impressed with RCBS dies, though they all get the job done.
    Last edited by thermaler; 12-30-2012 at 09:30 AM.

Basic Member
    Brownells was about $40 cheaper for everything, I called midway to see if they would match the price and they needed a manager to do it and they were going to have to call me back, I think everyone is just completely buried up right now.

Quote Originally Posted by missed View Post
    Brownells was about $40 cheaper for everything, I called midway to see if they would match the price and they needed a manager to do it and they were going to have to call me back, I think everyone is just completely buried up right now.
    Yeah, Brownell's is good--but the way I see it by the time you're done with packing and shipping on time it's a wash. Midway is the best in this regard IMO. And their prices are generally very competitive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12