Thread: Swiss Range Finder

Basic Member

Swiss Range Finder

Anyone using one of these Wild Swiss Range Finders? I've been considering setting up some temporary long range targets in a field in the off season. Would be nice to have exact ranges without dragging out the neighbors surveyors transit. The terrain wouldn't be accurate to simply pace off. One is probably flat enough but the other is a huge dish. I see a lot of laser ones for about the same price ($395) but they don't get out to the longer ranges and don't seem reliable at this price point.

Probably over kill for something that would get used once or twice a year at best but also kind of a unique collectible to own.

ODA 0121
    You could probably find one for cheap if you searched for a while the problem or benefit is that they are a coincidental rangefinder and are huge. It would be a conversation piece!

CJnWy
    Haveing used a Wild range finder for over 20years it may do what your looking for BUT They are hard to find,balky and not usually acurate enough for what your looking for=A google map would be just as accurate!
    That being said the Wild has some great glass in it and for only being 11x it works surprizingly well for a spotting scope. It also works best with telephone pole,fence post or animal legs to range with....
    What kind of ranges are you looking at?

Basic Member
    Really in reality 400 and 600 would be the most common. Fence lines as accurate as we'd need for those I'd imagine. But it would be fun to be able to put out some at 1000,1200 and 1400 for giggles. My backyard range like many is limited to 100 yards but this time of year the possibilities are greater as my best friend and my cousin own and farm all the land on this side of a square mile with no houses or roads to worry about.