New here, my first post. Just a couple of observations regarding this 243 which I bought new about 2 weeks ago. I assumed that the 24" bbl w/1-9.25" twist was geared towards heavier 100gr pills. Well not this one. Best groups with factory 100gr load and also 2 different 100gr handloads is about 1.5" at 100yds. However it does seem to love the 70's. First 5 shot group with 75gr factory HP went into .45". Shot two different 70gr Nosl BT handloads into .63" and .71. Still working up some 85 and 90gr loads to try.
Of course before ever mounting my 4-12 VX-2 I had to remove the accustock and crank the accutrigger down to it's lightest setting. Noticed when putting back together that the rearmost trigger guard screw (visible at back of trigger guard) did not tighten completely. Does not come out or move around but it just spins in the hole and never cinched down tight. Also the tang where the safety sits is not sucked up to the stock. Small gap between tang and stock. Didn't notice if it was like this before I removed the stock. Found other threads regarding this same problem on other accustock rifles. Haven't removed the stock a 2nd time because I'm getting such good accuracy with some loads I don't want to change it by screwing with the stock again. I can live with the floated tang. Don't know if I can live with the trigger guard screw loose. Afraid it may come out completely over time and be lost.