All,

It's been a while, but I thought I'd post some pics of my 338 Edge. This rifle started out as a short action large shank plastic stocked 300WSM. I ordered a 28" Pac-Nor barrel and after headspacing it with a 300RUM gage, I sent the barrel off to Shawn at Defensive Edge for one of his awesome brakes. I restocked the rifle with a Joel Russo Laminate A5 stock. I used a Dednutz one piece scope base/rings and topped it all off with a Nightforce 3.5x15x50 NXS with NP-R1 reticle. I am extremely pleased with the finished product. Also, I am using SSS recoil lug and barrel nut. I did also face/square the boltface, as it was cupped and causing funky marks on the 300WSM rounds (even relatively light loads). I also lightly lapped the bolts.

[img width=600 height=400]http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u193/AJPeacock_photos/Rifles/338EdgeSavage.jpg[/img]

Here are the 7th, 8th and 9th shots I took with the rifle during brake-in yesterday (100yds) it did better today, but I didn't take any more pictures. The load is 92gr H-1000, CCI-250, Rem 300RUM brass and a 300gr Sierra Matchking. Average velocity is 2750fps.

Other than the shoulder getting a little sharper, the brass doesn't even look as if it's been fired. The empty brass rechambers as easily as the headspace gage.

And before someone asks, yes it ejects empties easily, but the bolt must be pulled to eject a loaded round.

AJ