Thread: Operation "Make A Sniper Cry" - Stevens 200 Build Up x 2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    broken6r
    Quote Originally Posted by 1983Weatherby View Post
    You need to post a range report after you get your next shipment.
    For sure! I'm still debating whether or not to fire them prior to letting him pick one. Either way, I will be the one firing the first shots. Considering that I built these (even though I did use go/no go guages), if one is going to blow up in someones face, it will be mine and mine alone.

Quote Originally Posted by hawzwood View Post
    We need video of the presentation!
    That, I will not do. As I have given a little background here, nothing identifiable will ever be shown. No video, no pictures.

I also weighed both rifles. The McGowan comes in at 11.8 pounds, and the Shilen is an even 12.0 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by broken6r View Post
    For sure! I'm still debating whether or not to fire them prior to letting him pick one. Either way, I will be the one firing the first shots. Considering that I built these (even though I did use go/no go gauges), if one is going to blow up in someones face, it will be mine and mine alone.
    I don't think you have anything to worry about concerning the gun blowing up.

Just tell him you want him to have which ever one he likes the most and you won't be upset if he accepts the one that shoots best. I think that is how you are leaning.

Just out of curiosity, have you considered how to handle this if he isn't willing to accept your gift. There are some people, you just can't give things to. I do hope this works out well for the both of you. If he is one of those that can't take a gift this big, I hope you understand he is still likely gratified by your effort to give thanks.

How did you pick the scope? I need to get one for my 10 FCP before winter is over.
    Last edited by Szumi; 01-21-2013 at 06:50 PM.

broken6r
    Quote Originally Posted by Szumi View Post

How did you pick the scope? I need to get one for my 10 FCP before winter is over.
    Lots and lots of reading on various scopes. Settled on fixed 10x because that is what he already knows, and frankly, the price was right.

Also a quick update for the day. The drag bags and rear bags arrived yesterday. MidwayUSA's drag bags are definitely not something you would find made in America quality wise. However, for their intended purpose of protecting these rifles they will do quite well. They are not cheap crap, but I wouldn't want to actually drag them through a field either. Something tells me that they would develop wear holes fairly fast.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Szumi View Post

Just tell him you want him to have which ever one he likes the most and you won't be upset if he accepts the one that shoots best. I think that is how you are leaning.

Just out of curiosity, have you considered how to handle this if he isn't willing to accept your gift. There are some people, you just can't give things to. I do hope this works out well for the both of you. If he is one of those that can't take a gift this big, I hope you understand he is still likely gratified by your effort to give thanks.

What distances are you going to shoot? Just target shooting or hunting? Both?

I have a 10 FCP K.

broken6r
    Quote Originally Posted by mattm0812 View Post
    What distances are you going to shoot? Just target shooting or hunting? Both?

I have a 10 FCP K.
    Matt, let's say from point blank, to 1,000 yards (once I find a suitable location for it), and any distance in between. Personally, I fully intend to hunt with mine. I'm used to toting around an M1 Garand (9 pounds unloaded) while hunting, so this won't be much difference for me.