Thread: 60g 22-250?

thejetman

60g 22-250?

Found a good deal on cheaperthendirt the other day so I bought four boxes. Hornady Custom Match 60g ammo. I have a 1 in 12 22-250. I guess the question is has anyone shot these? Or know that they will stabilize and whatnot? The box says 3600 FPS at the muzzle. They are a soft point match bullet. Just pokin the fire here.

Basic Member
    The 1in12 22-250 should stabilize them fine. I have not shot them as I reload but I hope they do well for you.

acemisser
    Quote Originally Posted by thejetman View Post
    Found a good deal on cheaperthendirt the other day so I bought four boxes. Hornady Custom Match 60g ammo. I have a 1 in 12 22-250. I guess the question is has anyone shot these? Or know that they will stabilize and whatnot? The box says 3600 FPS at the muzzle. They are a soft point match bullet. Just pokin the fire here.
    Just because the box says 3600 fps DOES not mean you need to go that fast
    I have some fantastic accuracy at less than 3000 with the 60 grain bullets...Not the ones
    you have but with others...Lets us know how they work out for you...

When they put FPS on a box it usually means max, before spinning apart, I'm sure there's some wiggle room there.

Tanks Dean

36gr of Varget will put you at 3500+ FPS and won't hurt your brass.

Dean

thejetman
    Well they shot wonderfully today. I did notice that after 25 or so the barrel started to warm up and the groups grew a little. But overall type gun handled the load without question. I will post some pictures when I get back home. Five rounds in a quarter at 200. The grew to A half dollar after a bunch of shooting. But a couple cold barrel shots where right where I wanted them.

thejetman
    I was shooting the 22-250 Hornady Custom series 60g soft points. I don't know if I was unconcious while doing this or what was going on. But all in all it was a very repeatable round. Accuracy was the best I have seen with factory ammo of any kind. After the barrel warmed up 30 shots or so into it. The groups started to open up a bit, either beacause I was having too much fun or because the gun was warm. Either way I am pleased.
    This is at 200 yards, slight breeze, drizzle, off sandbags.
    Is this acceptable or can it be better?
    Last edited by thejetman; 12-06-2012 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Can't Spel

acemisser
    with the right powder and bullet combo and good trigger as well as scope you should be able to cover them with a dime..

What have you got for a barrel on you rifle?

thejetman
    Factory barrel. Nikon buckmasters 6-18 scope. Accutrigger. Aftermarket stock. Is this in the realm of ok for all factory ammo and whatnot? Or should it be better/worse?

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.