Thread: New Bushnell 3-9x40 broke after 37 rounds

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    DangerDanJD

Angry New Bushnell 3-9x40 broke after 37 rounds

I recently picked up Model 11 Hunter XP package in 308. The rifle comes with a Bushnell 3-9x40 scope. I picked up the rifle on Wednesday and took it out on Saturday to put some rounds through it and sight in the scope for deer hunting which opens up this weekend where I live. When I returned home on Saturday and cleaned the rifle, I noticed the glass in the scope appears to have cracked or maybe an O-ring came out of alignment. I'm not sure exactly, and someone looking at the picture can probably tell me better. At any rate, I'm trying to send the scope back to bushnell but they tell me it's a 4-6 week turn around before they can check it and potentially get me a new scope.

First, this post is just to complain about the Bushnell dying within the first week. I had planned to replace it eventually but was planning to use the bushnell through this season. Second, can someone recommend a decent scope in the $200-$350 range. I will be using the rifle for deer hunting (Almost all shots within 200 yards and more likely in the 50-100 yard range) and some target shooting. I was thinking of at least a 3x9 and maybe something a little higher magnification for the range. I have access to a 1000 yard range but would realistically probably not shoot past 300-500 yards. I certainly am not looking for high end glass but want the best I can get in the price range. I was thinking of maybe going with a basic Nikon Buckmaster? I would appreciate suggestions.

Edit shortly when I can figure out how to post pics.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by DangerDanJD; 11-13-2012 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Add photos