Froggy, did you read the "reported" muzzle velocity on each box to compare, and did you also compare the weight of the bullets themselves ? There can be a significant difference in bullet drop at 100 yards between different products. Therefore, for initial trials, shoot at 50 and use a large enough piece of paper to capture all the different elevations. Some of the more bluff bullets will bleed off more speed and be dropping faster at 100 yards, so it is best to see how it groups at a shorter range first. Then ideally zero for about 75 yards and know the drop from there on out. If you zero at 100 yards, you will be about 2.5" high if not more at 50-75 yards, I experienced that. Fortunately for me, that became a spine shot but if I had aimed any higher it could have been a miss or worse.

Many shoot the Hornady SST's and have no problem with grouping. I probably got a 2" group which is good enough for putting meat in the freezer until I can get things working better. I also shot the other plastic tipped bullet (Remington ?) and performed almost identical and had the same bullet weight.