Quote Originally Posted by Luky View Post
I too have a 10BA-LE. Definitly need to work up a load for your particular rifle. Mine has a pretty tight chamber. With a OAL of 2.800" I am right at the lands so I cannot load them long. Using 175gn SMK with 43.4gn Varget and Federal 210M primers in IMI Match brass (cases also match prepped) I can get .25-.35 MOA at 100 yards (shot 1" groups @ 300 yards). I chrono the rounds at 2666fps. I load them to 2.007" base to Ogive. I did several ladder tests to come up with this load and find it works really well in my gun and I can get consistent hits out to 885 yards (farthest target on our range). I only got about .6-.8MOA @ 100yds using FGMM and BHM. Another thing I did was run a set of the Tubb's final finish bore lapping bullets through the barrel in my first 100 rounds (used 7 of each of the first 3 heavy grits and all 10 of the fine grits). I also pulled the giant rail off and got a 1 piece 20MOA scope mount (DNZ Freedom Reaper Tactical) for it which puts the scope much closer to the barrel. If you were going to replace the stock you could have just got a 10FCP-K and saved a few bucks... Another option is that AICS (finally) just released a folding stock for a Savage SA if you are interested. I think Mile High shooting has them for about $1100.
I actually ended up ordering an XLR that's due in a few weeks...Only issue now has been the hunt for ammo.

Am currently working with a reloader to get some good rounds but, it's nice to know someone else was having a similar issue.

I also pulled off the stock rail and purchased a 20MOA...Best move, yet IMO.

I'll check out that load, thanks very much for the information!