Quote Originally Posted by cbul View Post
I just got back from the gun store ordered a Savage 93 FSS 22 wmr. Sort of expensive for a 22 but the quality will remain long after the price has been forgotten. True for most things.
I already have a 93GL, and it is amazingly powerful out to 150yds. At 125yds, I pop ground squirrels and I have had them facing me on all fours, and when the bullet hits, it flips them over on their backs. that's with the 30gr "green" bullets. but it is pretty darn loud, and that's why I'm using the LR. I am aware of the die and spray issue, and don't plan on being down wind or in range when I shoot.

As for drowning, my neighbor just leaves them in the sun a few days. He claims they are thirsty critters, and the sun takes care of them in short order. To each their own I say.

I used to trap for furs when I was a kid in Ohio, and have had more than one run in with these foul smelling creatures.

TopPredator
I thought of doing exactly that, but even though it's a $75 J C Higgins that I refinished, i couldn't make myself drill into the stock. Kinda crazy I know, but this works well too. Not as solid as your mount, but ok. What's the mounting bracket (rings) from?