This is the end of my 7mm-08 barrel. Last week I noticed some whitish marks in the lands of the barrel. I also noticed accuracy & consistancy was dropping off. This week I shot known accurate ammo I made. I could not get any of it to group at all. When I got home & started cleaning the barrel, I noticed the whiteish marks are bigger, more of them & starting to cover / fill the lands in the barrel.
None were noted on the rifling of the barrel. Only in the lands.

Using a bright light on just the right angle, I can see pretty far inside the barrel. These spots(?) in question are definitely bigger than what I noticed last week.

Now, this week I couldn't get this rifle to group at all. Even running an OCW on some new 120's - nothing. Known accurate ammo - ammo that I shot 3 weeks ago & posted pics of - See thread " 3 reasons why I like my 7-08 edge" - I can't get anything even close to what's in those pics.

Is this barrel overheated or scortched? I can't ever recall seeing anything like this inside a barrel but then, I can't say I've looked for anything like this.

Hoppe's has no affect - Sweet's 7.62 has no affect. I broke a cardinal rule & tried a brush - no dice, or removal of the marks.
I did the best I could with the photo. The pic shown is the best of about 9 pics I took.

Somebody enlighten me. What am I looking at here? It seems terribly coincidental the accuracy went away the same time the marks appeared. I can't help think they're related.
Barrel change time?
Thanks for your help with this.

Frank in Fla