Thread: Primer tray PITA

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thomae View Post
    Nope. (Sorry to disappoint you.) That's how I have my decapping station set up. It's in a Lee press, so the setup is slightly different. Primers fall through some copper pipe and end up in a bin underneath the workbench.
    In your setup, I can understand the system. But if you look at the primer tray in the above pictured Rock Chucker, you'll see that there isn't a good way to do that.

thomae
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Solo View Post
    In your setup, I can understand the system. But if you look at the primer tray in the above pictured Rock Chucker, you'll see that there isn't a good way to do that.
    From the picture, it is not so clear to me whether or not it is possible to do that. Not seeing the press from all sides, and in three dimensions, I was not sure. Hence my question.
    Hey, it's all good, and we continue to learn from each other. That is what this forum is all about, right?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thomae View Post
    From the picture, it is not so clear to me whether or not it is possible to do that. Not seeing the press from all sides, and in three dimensions, I was not sure. Hence my question.

The primers are supposed to fall to the rear and to one side or another into the catch trays and for the most part they do, but some end up on the flat behind the ram plus a fair amount of the primer residue. With the Vac and one flick of the switch I "kill to stones with one bird", empty the trays and clean up the crud on and around the press.

Bill