I'm a BIG BIG fan of the .243.

I grew up with a Browning BLR .243 and when I was 14 my dad bought me a Lee reloading kit, I only loaded for a couple of years before I sold everything and got into dirtbikes and 4wheelers.

I had no one to teach me to reload when I was 14, there was no internet however I did have the Lee loading manual to go by. My dad was a farmer and knew nothing about hunting or reloading, he just had a few guns to keep the coyotes and coy dogs away.

The big man up in the clouds had an eye on me though as I remember looking in the book at a load that produced 3800 fps, I wanted even faster so I loaded a few grains extra. I knew nothing about over pressure and wondered why the lever on that BLR rifle wouldn't open after I would shoot 475 yards at a big rock aiming just a whisker high! Didn't even know it was 475 yards until I ranged it a couple years ago. But somehow I managed to get that lever pried open and do it again and again, shortly after that is when I lost interest.

About 12 years ago I bought a 110 in .243 and used it on and off for hunting everything from squirel to deer. With .243 win I've taken lots of small and big game and there will always be a spot in my heart for the .243 win. Since the past 3 years of my reincarnation of reloading I've never had a sticky bolt with my reloads for I am much smarter than I used to be. I've reloaded and shot around 2000 rounds so far, I watch the chrono and rarely exceed published max. loads.

Sorry I got off topic bud...