Big claim and surely one to be disputed by some but for me this rifle will be Savage perfection.

I'll be starting with a LH SS Savage 116 flat back long action. I'll install a Tubb Speedlock 100% titanium FP with a uprated spring. It'll have my own bolt lift device and a Stockade 5/8" handle. I'll also machine a new BAS. It has a Gunrunners aluminum follower with an uprated W-spring. My worked and sweet two screw will provide fire control and it'll be paired with a PT&G Remington 700 ADL aluminum triggerguard.
Weight complete with everything included above plus the SSS recoil lug is 2# 3.5oz.

The barrel is a SS Rock Creek 8 twist, 5R cut rifled tube in their #2 Sporter contour. It'll be threaded nutless and will have a SSS recoil lug.
The chamber will be the 6mm-284 cut with a match chamber, necked no-turn, and throated specifically for the 115 Berger H-VLD at an OAL of 3.097" which will provide one caliber of shank/neck contact. The barrel will be cut and crowned at 24".
Weight complete is 2# 8oz.

The stock will be the superb McMillan Hunter's EDGE, black with grey speckles. Inlet precisely for this build and the ADL triggerguard. It'll have a blind magazine of course. 13.5" LOP.
Weight 1# 6oz.

The mounts will be the 1.4oz Talley LW low ringmounts and the scope will likely be the 9.3oz Leupold VX-2 Ultralight 3-9x33.
Weight complete is 10.7oz.

This puts me at 6# 12.2oz. I'm estimating the finished barrel weight as the barrel I'm weighing at 2# 14oz is still 26" long and it's not chambered or threaded yet. No matter how I look at it the rifle will come in comfortably under 7# and under 7.5# with a full magazine and an Uncle Mike's Mountain sling.

The stock was ordered a month or so ago but all the other parts are here.

When it's done I'll proudly post it in the Rifle Builds section here for hopeful inclusion onto the front page.

What a fun project this one is and I learned a lot from my previous Savage/McMillan which I used to inform my decisions on this build.