Hello,
I just joined the group and was prompted to do so with the purchase yesterday of a mint 24V-A. I have been looking for one of these guns for some time as I wanted the older version. It appears to have been a closet queen and after cleaning it up I found no rust and little wear to metal or wood. I am curious as to when it was made and the serial is 217XX.

I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but after reading up on the models I would not expect any issues other than maybe light pin strikes and a less than desirable trigger, both being corrected without a lot of drama as I recall.

I am curious about the amount of spring tension the extractor pin is exerting on the .222 case. It is leaving some nasty scratches on the case wall. Before I adjust, is there a set height for the pin in relation to the extractor body?

I am curious about how much freeplay should there be in the extractor with the breech opened. This one has about .250" or so. Was wondering if the spring could have taken a 'compressed' set.

I can't identify the choke and thought maybe they only came in one choke, but don't know what it is.

Thanks in advance for any information you guys may have.