Well, I'll introduce myself first as a long time shooter, tinkerer, AR builder, and getting more and more into bolt guns. I own a Savage 93R17 BSEV thats a phenomenal little .17hmr, and I love it. One of my favorite guns to shoot in general. I recently bought a Savage model 10 TH XP Nikon in .308. I'm kind of a trigger whore and while the trigger is just OK on it at the lowest setting from the factory, I would like to go a bit lighter with it. I like keeping triggers between 12+ ounces to 1.5lbs or so at the range, and 2.5lbs or so during coyote hunting which is why I bought this rifle. I've heard you can buy a model 12 benchrest trigger spring to put in and get it down into the high 12+ ounce range but the problem I'm having is that I can't find one of those springs at any of my normal shopping locations. I joined here to get into the bolt guns more and ask, and answer questions, and find out more just lurking around a bit. Anyway, does anyone know whether I can get a factory model 12 spring or can I get something else to fit my 10 th xp that will lower the trigger pull weight. Thanks in advance, and I'm glad to be a part of this forum.

Also, here are a couple of pics on how I got it and what I did to it.

How she started (minus the Harris bipod of course)

And after my paint job. I did Coyote brown with black webbing, and a matte clear coat so its not reflective.

And this last one was mid process of painting and before being cleared.