Thread: Short action push feed magnum boltheads........doe they exist?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You guys that are shortening the long action bolt head, what are you doing for a firing pin assembly? It the standard the proper length, or do you still need to find a WSM firing pin?
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

MrMajestic
    What is done with the extra length of the bolt head? Extend or replace firing pin to make up for the extra length? Or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMajestic View Post
    What is done with the extra length of the bolt head? am I missing something?
    We Cut It Off!
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

MrMajestic
    BA, are you saying to chuck it in a lathe and reduce the bolt head on the locking lug side as the bolt head, excluding the stem, is something like .100 longer than my SA .473 bolt head. I certainly understand you have reduced the length of the stem, measuring from the locking lug face, to make them the same, but the boldface will extend further from the bolt reducing the dimension the firing pin will extend from the boldface. Look in the pictures at the ejector retaining pin and the difference of the amount of bolt head to the locking surface.