Thread: want to buy a savage/stevens 200 bolt body

logic factory

want to buy a savage/stevens 200 bolt body

i am throwing the towel in on my diy fluting project. i do not want to use the bolt i tinkered with and want to buy another one for the least amount of money possible. i have seen some aftermarket options but they are fluted and cost about 75$. if i am going to have to pay that price i am going to be more critical of the flutting. what are ones options for a short action?

Short or long action ? Long action available from Brownells for approx. $40, or Numrich. You could run want to buy ad, here.

thomae
    Logic factory. Ante up the $12.00 to become a paid member and then you will have access to the classifieds with their Want To Buy and Want To Sell sections. You might find what you want there.

After you do that, you can PM the moderators and ask them to move this thread into the WTB section. You will likely get more responses there.

http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?16198-Paid-Memberships

(edit: After rereading my post, I see that it could come across as rather didactic...it was meant more as a friendly suggestion, not an order. Personally, I consider it money well spent, but I also have several projects for which I have been buying parts.)
    Last edited by thomae; 09-04-2012 at 07:50 AM.

logic factory
    Quote Originally Posted by short round View Post
    Short or long action ? Long action available from Brownells for approx. $40, or Numrich. You could run want to buy ad, here.
    short; stevens 200 in .223

Quote Originally Posted by thomae View Post
    Logic factory. Ante up the $12.00 to become a paid member and then you will have access to the classifieds with their Want To Buy and Want To Sell sections. You might find what you want there.

After you do that, you can PM the moderators and ask them to move this thread into the WTB section. You will likely get more responses there.

http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?16198-Paid-Memberships

understood.
    maybe the title would have been better if i choose; where to buy....? at this time, i am not willing to pay even 12 dollars for an unknown system of trade; i.e. i am not able to see before i can touch. maybe after i try a couple options the 12 dollars will appeal more to me. i will send savage an email or call them sometime this week.

thank you for the feedback thus far.