I'm not sure why savage has built this rifle? I'm sure it will be good in the accuracy department, but I have never seen a factory rifle shoot at the capability that the 338 lapua is capable of. 1500yrds in a factory rifle at $2000? At that distance so many tight tolerances are needed in the rifle and loads. Why spend $2k for something your only going to have to put another $1200 min. if not $1500 just to get the rifle to shoot the 338 lapua capability! Say you get the rifle for 2k and then you spend $1200 to change what needs to be changed. You now have $3200 in a rifle with no optics! Expect $1800 to $2000 for optics needed! Now you have 5k to $5200 in the set up and have not fired a shot yet! At the price of the componets to load for the 338 lapua you will easily spend 1K in load development! Not to speak of the time you will wait on a stock, barrel, trigger, smithwork, and load development. I haven't even mention dies! Easily another $250! That puts you at $6250. If your going to spend this Kind of money on such a superior cal. as the 338 lapua why not go completely custom!? Better Yet why not go 50 cal. Or even the 408, 416 cheytac!?

Don't get me wrong I think Savage is Superior when it comes to factory rifles! I just think the 338 lapua is not needed in a factory rifle unless you are hunting Grizzly Bears or Cape Buffalo! Even then the 30-378 Web or 375HnH is a plenty!!!