Thread: Show your tactical/precision rifle/snipery/truck axle Savage!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    CJnWy
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fingervic View Post
    As a left handed person it is refreshing to hear you say this. I prefer cycling my bolt the traditional way, and keeping my right hand under the stock. When I'm looking for LH guns I always get "why don't you shoot a right handed gun and cycle it with your non trigger hand, it's easier to do it like that anyway". I then ask them why they don't shoot LH bolt guns, since it's so much easier? That's usually followed up by some mumbling and stuttering ending with, "but I'm right handed". I'm happy to see at least one righty do it that way.
    Yep I wish all my bench/longerange where left handed or lblp units! My walkabout units still have to be right handed.

Team Savage
    It doesn't take much time to see just how functional and comfortable a rifle can be set up that way. Shooting a left hand rifle right handed and off hand might present a problem with no way to support it? I'am thinking it's more of what you want and what you get use to.
    My only problem is I'am liking my left handed action/right hand stocked rig better than my right hand rigs. Just might have to go all left handed!
    Tried a pistol build with a left hand bolt action. Worked just a slick.
    I'am a righty and not doing anything with my left hand while bench shooting anyway so why not put it to use?

Picked up a ambi left hand stock to see how it would work? That got me hooked from the start. Went thumbhole from there.

And "left handed" people are in their right mind!
    Last edited by Nor Cal Mikie; 09-01-2012 at 03:49 PM.