Thread: Ejector pin & spring

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Right where I Always Need To Be. Usually...
    Hey Ace -
    I thought that a possibility also but, this is the Edge I picked up from a pawn shop a few months ago. I had no indications of being used at all. There's always a little brass stain on the edge of the extractor or some on the bolt face. This was incredibly clean. I called Savage to get some info & I was told it was made in July of 2011. I think the guy that pawned it never fired it. I had to break in the barrel when I got it. I almost kinda think it may have been defective when it was made. The ejector was soft when I looked at it in the pawn shop.
    Ain't no worry.... It works..... kinda. It just doesn't work well. I have an old spring in my stash area but, it's a victim of "hot load syndrome". That one suffered a blown out primer. It didn't survive. And no, I don't know why I'm saving it....

Thanks again y'all.

Frank in Fla
    'Scuse me while I whip this out...!

Basic Member
    Right where I Always Need To Be. Usually...
    So, I get my order form MuDwAy for 3 ejector springs. I take the Axis / Edge bolt out & proceed to remove the ejector retaining pin, ejector pin & spring.

I come to find out the inside of the bolt head must have been bored with a chainsaw & finished ground with a rock.
    The inside of the bore is so rough I can't get the new spring to do its spring thing (ie - push the ejector pin out when tossing a spent case)...

The only things I have on hand are drill bits to clean it out with. If I use a .104" bit - twisted by hand to clean it out, I can still feel it's very "grabby" & I'm wondering.... If I rebore it out to .106" will it still function OK? The .106" bit is the next size up that I have on hand.

Anyone have any input, suggestions, advice, threats, innuendo..... anything? I'm all ears.... or eyes as the case may be.

Frank in Fla..... Hangin' on tight & ready to start the pumps.
    'Scuse me while I whip this out...!