Quote Originally Posted by beradon
I am a little puzzled about the wedge's effectiveness (or lack of). Any chance its just an issue with the rifle you tested ? Doesn't a good bedding job restrict locking lug movement?
Yes a "GOOD" bedding job would restrict recoil lug movement. I doubt it is just a case with that rifle. I have talked to Fred at SSS, and he has ran into a few accu-stocked rifles that have had problems. Some rifle he has seen the recoil lug was bottoming out in the rail and not letting the action sit properly.

The acu-wedge does the exact same thing as having the recoil pad of the rifle resting on the ground, having the muzzle pointing up then letting gravity push the action back, letting the recoil lug rest as far back as it can, and then tightening the action bolts. I was convinced when I loosened the accu-wedge and I heard a loud pop and saw the action jump, that it was placing stress on the works. I saw this happen a couple of times. I will say that the rifle I tested has a ton of potential. I wonder if it is not too tight and with climate and temperature changes exacerbates the problem. I often wonder about the aluminum used in the stock and harmonics.