Hi all! First post here as I am new to owning a Savage rifle. I just picked up two 111 rifles in 30-06, both are standard triggers (non-Accutrigger) and have factory synthetic stocks.

I purchased both in used but excellent condition, and dry fired both numerous times. I then decided to remove the actions from both to perform a good cleaning and adjust the trigger pull on both to around 3 1/2 pounds. The process went smoothly with both, and I was able to verify that both were still functioning and dry firing correctly before assembling back into their stocks.

One of the 111's went back in without a hitch and continues to function perfectly. However, the other will not reset the trigger when in the stock. If I take it out and work the bolt and dry fire as a barreled action only, it's fine. But once I get it back in the stock after working the bolt the trigger refused to budge.

Any idea what's happening? It seems odd that this is happening now since it was working fine before I took the actions out of the stocks. And, it still works fine when the action isn't in the stock. But put the action back in and nothing! Frustrating and hoping someone here can help. Thanks!

(BTW, I'm new to Savages but not new to firearms by any stretch of the imagination).