Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am i the only person

Skypilot thank you.
    My measurements came out to an average 3.088 with the Sinclair so I will start at 3.048 going off Freds advice of .040 jump.May also try a few at 2.775 Sierra's COAL just to satisfy my own curiosity. I am only going to load 5 of each to see what happens, if no luck then either a different barrel or a different caliber altogether.
    As for the 12 twist to answer others that is what is used for the 150-155 grn. bullets for palma shooting also the 13 twist just depends on manufactor. I shoot the 150's out of my Mod. 10LE 10 twist and it stays well under moa @ 100 and right at 1" @200.
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

The tiger shark looks cool but is useless in the accuracy game.You can get one from kevin rayhill at stockade stocks or sss has a nice design and joel russo if you love wood.
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!

Basic Member
    if it started as a 30 br do you know for sure the twist rate? most 30br are 17 and 18 so anything above a 125 gr bullet wouldnt be so good specially if running hot, if you are not sure of twist , put your cleaning rod in with a brush or patch whatever will make rod spin , mark rod at top and start the rod in count how many rotations it makes till the tip hits the end of barrel so if you have 24 inch barrel and it rotates 3 times then 24 divided by 3= 8 that would be 1/8 twist, it really helps to know twist rate.

Jonbearman-I shot my best score at a match using this stock with a 223 @100 yards this year and in this stock this same 223 is .2-.3 everytime out, so that is why I personaly doubt it is a stock issue.

Frank1947 this is not an off the shelf barrel it was custom ordered as a 30br then when after numerous times trying to get it to group it was rechambered to 308, unfortunately with the same results.

It is all a moot point now because a new barrel is enroute to me as I type.
    I will be calling the barrel maker later today just to hear thier opinion.
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

acemisser
    ****,I hope you get the mystery solved...I think it is the twist..Just because it was rechambered means nothing
    the twist will be the same as befor..But you know that..I for one am excited to hear about it after it's all said and
    done...And sorry for your loose....God be with you and your family..John

Basic Member
    Stop cleaning the barrel! The most you should do is run a dry patch down it. I have seen a few rifles that would not group until they had 50-75 rounds down the barrel.

Basic Member
    nice to see another tiger shark stock in use mine was a 308 origonaly and is now a 223 f class gun my son shoots (if i'm nice he will let me shoot it after all it is mine) . the only problem i have had with the stock is it doesnt like sitting in a rear rest well i finally found a rest at bass proshop that works well and it will consistantly put 5 shots into 3/4 @ 300 now .i use to think it was the barrel when it was a 308 but realized that it wasnt steady in the rear and as a result it would not group that well the problem was the cut out in the rear side of the stock would let it wiggle i tried different bags and the one that worked for me was thier 20.00 leather unfilled filled till it just about burst with sand.

Basic Member
    as for cleaning the barrel each barrel is different my 223 CBI barrel can go 300 rnds before groups open up while my shilen i clean every 200 you will just have to shoot it until you see the groups opening up and then clean you will find a pattern.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12