Finally got out to the range yesterday morning to start trying to finesse an accurate load out of CFE223 for my .308.

I work 3rd shift so I apologize ahead of time for my rifle marksmanship. It got kind of sloppy as I got tired.

All targets were shot at with 10 shots in a round robin method to avoid barrel temperatures and environmental variables unfairly affecting one charge weight over another.

Rifle: Savage Model 10FP in a Choate Tactical stock, SSS trigger, 24in. heavy varmint factory barrel 1 in 10 twist, Millett LRS-1 scope, harris bi-pod, rear sandbag

Loads: Recycled BHA brass (full length resized, trimmed to 2.004", second firing), CCI BR-2, 175gr. SMK seated .005 off of the lands (base to ogive measurement for my rifle is 2.249"), all from the same lot, CFE223 starting at 45.5gr. to 47.5gr. in .5 grain increments

Environment: 100yd. range, 73 to 79 degrees fahrenheit, overcast, approximate elevation 450ft.

All groups are measured outside edge to outside edge. THe shots I pulled and identified I felt should not be included as they were my fault.

Known load and shooting ability

CFE223 45.5gr.

CFE223 46.0gr.

CFE223 46.5gr.

CFE223 47.0gr. - The two shots under the top of the calipers were pulled shots.

CFE223 47.5gr.

After this test I am going to load up some rounds in Nosler brass at 46.0 - 47.0 grains and rerun that part of the test just to double check and see if another day on the range provides different results. If I get similar results I will break it down into smaller increments.