Quote Originally Posted by DeerDogger View Post
I picked up a .270 in the long action version a couple of years ago. Changed out the crap scope (Simmons at the time) and recently adjusted the trigger. I also added some iron sights. I have thought of getting a new stock, but for some reason, I don't find the one one it to be as much a piece of "tupperware" as some have suggested. They are great rifles for the cost.

@ JMG1894: Did you have any problems bedding your rifle? I have read that some of the synthetic stocks don't take to it very well. I have thought of bedding mine, but when I took it apart the other day I noticed that on the muzzle side of the recoil lug, its just a huge void that would take a lot of epoxy to fill.
DeerDogger; I only bedded the recoil lug area. I basically built up the area in front with Marine Tex to give the recoil lug some support. For prep work I drilled small holes in all the areas and scuffed up areas not accesible with drill bit. Sprayed metal with Pam, seated barrel, tightened up screws then after approx 2hrs I back the screws off about 1/4 turn. I did this method with my 200 and Win model 70.
I too heard that bedding these actiond can be frustrating.