Thread: Whats better the savage axis .308 or the Savage 11FCXP3

Whats better the savage axis .308 or the Savage 11FCXP3

The axis is very good but the aftermarket parts are not there. The 11 you can get stocks, anything else you can think of. Eather one is great, if you dont want to change anything then the Axis is good. But if you think some were down the road you might want to change stocks etc. then go with the 11. If it was me I would go with the 11..

Some people love the axis, Some do not. I fall into the second crowd. If you want a rifle whose primary selling point is that it is cheap, get an axis. If you want a rifle you can upgrade and buy parts for easily, get a model 11 or stevens 200.
    Trust Your Instincts

Paid Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
    Some people love the axis, Some do not. I fall into the second crowd. If you want a rifle whose primary selling point is that it is cheap, get an axis. If you want a rifle you can upgrade and buy parts for easily, get a model 11 or stevens 200.
    i agree!! the after market options are endless for the model 11. you can get anything from new bolts, trigger assemblies and stocks. lots of neat items out there!

Paid Member
    Read some of the comments on the Axis / Edge board. You should get a pretty good idea how people feel about it. Just like everyone else indicated, If you want to tinker and not buy anything to upgrade or modify, the Edge is your rifle.

I hated mine when I first got it. A week later & it was love at first shot, (or 2nd week or whatever). I enjoy mine & I enjoy working on it to improve the little shortcomings of the rifle.
    If you ever get to the point where you want a better stock or better aftermarket support & selection, go for the 10 / 110.

Either way, you won't regret your purchase. Welcome to the Addiction....

Frank in FLa
    'Scuse me while I whip this out...

Quote Originally Posted by dbrown View Post
    And what is the difference between the two guns?
    Different: Triggers, bolts, stocks, actions, bolt heads, recoil lugs
    Same: Barrels
    5 out of 4 people have a problem with fractions...