Thread: Scope with adjustable diopter

Scope with adjustable diopter

With the passage of time, I have gone to bifocals for everyday use. I have noticed that the reticle on my scope has gotten much more blurry lately. Yesterday I tried looking through the scope with my reading glasses on (hard to look through bifocal section) and man what a difference. So the hunt is on for a new scope with adjustable diopter! Deer season approaches so I don't have a lot of time.

So, I thought I'd see if anyone here knows of any scopes with the diopter adjustment like binos have. IF you know of any, please reply.

Thanks, Pete

Administrator
    Just about all my scopes allow the lens closest to my eye (ocular lens, I believe is the right terminology) to be adjusted so the crosshairs are sharply focused.
    The focus can be adjusted by turning the lens housing which is threaded; thus the lens moves in and out as you turn it.

Confido autem verificare

Signtron does

PSE EVO 57 Lbs.
    Blacked out
    Evo 6 Blacked out 57 lbs.

Paid Member
    Most scopes have an adjustable eyepiece but that is kind of slow if you need to adjust frequently, I have the same trouble. What I have found works extremely well for me is the European style fast focus eyepiece. I have one on a Minox ZA5 that I love. I can rapidly adjust for changing light conditions.

Bob
    It's better to shoot for the moon and hit the fencepost than to shoot for the fencepost and hit the ground!

Thanks guys. after reading your responses I check the scope again and found that it is adjustable, made a world of difference.