shot a 300yd f class match yesterday and made a mistake (actually 2) and it got me thinking who else does dumb things whille you are shooting a match . first thing i did wrong was i decided to clean my rifle before the match(at 3:45 am) and not dirty it back upbefore i shot the match cost me 4 points in the first string(shot a 192-6x) then on the second string i was working on a perfect score with 3 rounds left settled back in and feel like i had a steady rest/cheek weld and instead of stopping resettling in i went with the figure 8 and put shot 17 dead in the 9 ring at 6 oclock. to make it worse i let that shot get in my head and put 1 more into the 9 ring they tried to make it a 10 but i complained it was not touching the line/10 ring and to change it to a 9 for a total score for the string of 198-5x .
everyone who shoots in matches makes some kind of mistake had a guy at one match that forgot to put primers in his reloads another who shot next to me didnt tighten down his gimble mount abd it jumped to the 700 yd mark on him. so what have some of ya'll done .