Thread: Once Fired Hornady Brass Binds When Chambering

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    stangfish
    I have noticed with the lee collet neck sizing die if you put too much presure to close the neck it will buldge the case keeping it from fitting in the chamber.

82boy
    Quote Originally Posted by stangfish View Post
    I have noticed with the lee collet neck sizing die if you put too much presure to close the neck it will buldge the case keeping it from fitting in the chamber.
    Common problem, One of the main reasons I tell people to stay away from Lee collet dies.

M.O.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by stangfish View Post
    this i would say is the problem if the case once fired comes out fine but you neck size it and it dont go back in fine then you have buldge the case.

but thats just an opinon

karlrudin
    Thanks for the imput on yet another brass cartridge i wont be buying. My dad always said chuck Federal brass when it came through. But i didnt. Shot a box of Federal Gold Medal Match 308 in my 110fp. Every case had to be trimmed before neck sizing and then again after. Weak brass. Now i chuck it. And from what y'all say, Hornady is the same. Also have been using collet dies for years and never had a problem w/them.