I have a Savage 111 in 308. Its as is from the factory with the sporter barrel profile, black synthetic stock and no accutrigger. I have a Nikon 3-9x40 on it and thats all.

My question is even with some great handloads I can't seem to bring the accuracy of this thing down to where I expected it to be. At 100yd I can group just as well with my Marlin 30-30 and put better groups together with my 20" AR. The action on my Savage is in good shape and I can't really find anything wrong with the rifle. I recently change out the firing pin due to the retainer (I think thats what its called) splitting in half. So I upgraded to the new firing pin setup.

I purchased this rifle a couple years ago as my first rifle, second overall gun I've ever owned and first hunting weapon. I basically bought it because it was a well known brand and the only left handed bolt action at the gun show.

I have almost a hoarder mentality with my guns, I really don't like to sell them. But this thing I find myself shooting less and less and its becoming a struggle to justify keeping it. I took my first deer with it, otherwise it would probably already be gone in favor of at least a newer Savage with the accutrigger and a SHORT ACTION 308 instead of the long. Would I be better of just selling this one off and getting something with slightly more inherent accuracy or are there things that can be done to this one for a reasonable price? Its a basic rifle and I don't want to spend >$1000 on it just to bring it sub-MOA.