Apparently that 5 round test that didn't string was a fluke. I took it out a few days later for some extended shooting. Same problem. I was shooting at 50 yds, and a few of the cold bore shots were 3-4" low. With Wolf Match the cold shot was 1 1/2" low. Same old pattern, one low cold shot, the other 4 in a group. I decided that I was tired of messing with it.

So here is its replacement;

Mark II FV-SR, picked up yesterday. I'll get some lower scope rings this week. I put some foam under the shell carrier to compensate for the high rings during today's outing. The only issue was the supplied 5rd mag. It wouldn't hold bullets. They would pop back out of the mag. Luckily, I took one of the 10rd mags from the other rifle along. I call Savage tomorrow about getting another 5rd mag.

Like many new rimfires, it took a few groups to settle in. I shot CCI 36gr Minimags, CCI 40gr standard velocity, Fed GM Target, and Fed GM match. at the end of my session, I shot this 3/8" group with the Fed GM Match;

This was the best group with the CCI standard;

No major cold bore shot issues to speak of. A couple groups had low cold shots, but they were fractions of an inch, not inches.

I think its safe to say this one is a keeper.

I'd like to thank all that repied and offer assistance. I appreciate you taking the time. But the hassles with the other one were taking the fun out of shooting.

Thanks again.